Profile

Name: Dan
Age: Young enough to have fun, old enough to need a job

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from
University of Missouri- Rolla

Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
July 2005
October 2005
May 2007

Links

Techspot
StarChat
Slashdot
Gmail
FARK!
Treading Brain

Tagboard

This column extends forever! Wow! *rolls eyes*
Sunday, July 31, 2005

An overdue update

Yeah yeah yeah, I keep slacking. I know, I should update more often. Yet I find work rapes my brain and body, sapping it dry of energy.

Work is almost fully consuming these days. Take a small staff, dump a bunch of special projects on us as priority, then tell us oh yeah get the normal stuff done too. It really really blows how they've done that, and on top of everything the management keeps removing our abilities with new policies. Take the keys away from us, no overtime (even unpaid) without approval, and the communication between the teams suck. I'm enjoying myself in the job, but with the stress I wonder how long I can go before I snap.

To top everything off, I find myself emotionally conflicted. A significant other greatly improves the quality of life in many ways, despite adding stress. Yet my options are limited, and some people make the process quite difficult. I don't wish to divulge much to the internet due to I don't know who would read this and who would assrape me by passing my thoughts on to the people I don't want to hear them. However I will say that I may do something very different in the near future- I really want someone to talk with, cuddle. And of course more. It really does make life better if you can make a special person happy.

Missouri's in the middle of a hot streak with a drought. This makes for some very interesting qualities of life. Like me making this post while drinking hot coffee while inside an AC'ed coffee shop, despite the fact I should be drinking cold stuff. I'm weird, I know it.

So. That's about all that's new in my life. Woohoo, how crappy. Sorry there isn't much insightful stuff in here, but I felt I should get *something* up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home