Profile

Name: Dan
Age: Young enough to have fun, old enough to need a job

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from
University of Missouri- Rolla

Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
July 2005
October 2005
May 2007

Links

Techspot
StarChat
Slashdot
Gmail
FARK!
Treading Brain

Tagboard

This column extends forever! Wow! *rolls eyes*
Monday, August 23, 2004

Didou, not everything is black and white.

Purple, what crack are you smoking? Black with blue text. Pfft.

I chose dark for quite a few reasons. One, light backgrounds with dark text hurt my eyes and piss me off. I wish the world would go back to a grey background, but I know I'm a minority so I'll have to suffer.

Also, since when have I been a positive person? I mean hell, George Carlin expresses half my problems with this world, and the others he can't express in words that are allowed to be produced or published. If I were Gallagher, fuck watermelons, I'd put mostly web designers on the table for crushing. Would leave a better stain on that plastic guard the crowd brings, after all, a lasting sign you came to my show.

While we're on the color rant, let's not even mention it.slashdot.org. I mean I know those guys are nerds and not producers of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but Goddamn, that's ugly. It's like I pissed on a white carpet and then used coffee stains to make lettering. Maybe through some semen stains on the page too. Seriously, wtf gives? I could make a better color template from the Gimp's coffee stain plugin. Or even one of those photograph aging scripts that float around.

Perhaps going back to the days of the Commodore 64 are in order, that wonderful blue with cyan text. Or Apple II, phosphour green on black text.

Maybe if the world's websites went to a French blue screen theme it'd be appropriate, after all that's what the media whores have turned websites into- an equivalent death of information. It's nearly impossible to find a website these days in which the territory of the screen is taken up by more information than advertising. Now that I think about that, perhaps that's where the IOC got their sponsor whoring ways. From Gato^H^H^H^HClaria.

No, this wasn't a rant. Just an observation. A rant would include a diatribe on condoms with brand stamps. Or nike logos on jerseys in video games. Or the default XP home color scheme. Or metallic lipstick pink colored sportscars that look like bloodstained grey.


1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Yada Yada Yada, just get another template ya bum. ;-)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home